Tuesday 13 November 2012

Experimental prints

As part of my sampling period, I have decided to experiment with playing with sublimation printing on top of a coloured fabric. For this, I have used a synthetic fabric due to these achieving a stronger image when printed.



I'm really disappointed with these two samples, as I was hoping this fabric would take the sublimation print ink better, however, it just turned my designs green. It's a real shame as this fabric contains a slight shimmer as seen within butterfly wings. 



Overall i'm really pleased with how these samples worked out as I think the beige fabric really brings out the colour of the blue. I also feel that it gives my designs a softer edge, compared to the harsh, bright white fabrics I have previously used. 










No comments:

Post a Comment