Thursday 31 January 2013

Inspiring afternoon at the castle...

Today I spent the afternoon at Norwich Castle Museum gathering research for my skies and skylines project. As part of the project, I am concentrating on the upcoming fashion trend: Ombre. I didn't expect to find anything relevant at the museum for this, however, look at these beautiful 20th century glasswares. 

 



I love the bright, contrasting colours, and ombre effects within the glass. The use of silhouette works really well, and is something that I intend to take through into my own printed textile samples. 

As well as this, I also focussed on bird in flight. I want to combine dip dyed fabrics alongside printed techniques such as foiling, flocking and discharge. My initial photographs of skies and skylines include flocks of birds However, I feel that gathering separate images from the Castle Museum will really help with my drawing. 









No comments:

Post a Comment