Wednesday 20 February 2013

Lots of lovely little, pretty samples...

I've spent the past week or so experimenting with a variety of print and resist dye techniques that I have recently been learning, inspired by my final projects theme: Skies and the skyline. 

As part of the project, I wanted to create delicate, feminine fabrics with the idea of eventually translating them into a fashion context. The concept of layers is something that really interests me and I feel as if these particular dye and print samples really reflect this idea. 




Spoons: The easy way to create a colour palette!





Manutex paste and Procion dye prints




I'm really super happy with these samples so far, combining resist tye-dye with printed textile techniques such as discharge, pigment ink screen printing and also foiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment