Wednesday 23 October 2013

Pretty patterns, pretty marks

Since graduating from NUA, I haven't really done much design work, despite the odd bit of Christmas crafting and scrapbooking. However, after just browsing through all the beautiful images on Pinterest I am feeling really inspired to open the paints, and bring out the pens and begin sketching again. 

My latest Pinterest board addition is entitled 'Pretty patterns, pretty marks'. The images represent everything which I feel to be inspiring when i'm designing, from the use of bold colour combined with delicate pen drawings. I particularly love the work of Ashley G who combines simple shapes alongside delicate yet textural mark making, and her use of using scrpbooking Project Life cards has really inspired me to combine both my love of design and scrapbooking. Her work is so inspiring and is definitely worth a look! 

Keep your eyes pealed for some of my new creations!

 

Ashley G: Sketchbook page


Ashley G: Project life cards

No comments:

Post a Comment